In a Medical Emergency
- Remain calm and do not move the victim unless his/her location poses a possible danger.
- Immediately ask someone nearby to call 911 and then call Campus Safety at 909-607-2000 immediately.
- Let Campus Safety and emergency responders know if the victim:
- is unconscious;
- has trouble breathing;
- has chest pain or pressure;
- is bleeding severely;
- is having or had a seizure;
- has possible broken bones;
- has injuries to the head, neck or back;
- or appears to have been poisoned or exposed to hazardous materials.
- Care for life threatening conditions and provide first aid only if you have the proper training.
- After the person has been helped, remain at the scene to help with the incident investigation.
Automated ExternalDefibrillators (AEDs)
17 Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are being made available in locations across the Pomona College campus. Installation of these AEDs is scheduled for completion early during the fall semester of 2011. People trained to use AEDs may use any AED machine on campus. To find out when training sessions will be held, contact the Pomona College Facilities and Campus Services Office at 909-607-1668. To learn more about the Pomona College AED program, see the AED Program Policies [pdf] . AED machines will be available in the following campus locations:
- Bridges Auditorium
- Bridges Hall of Music (Little Bridges)
- Edmunds Ballroom (Smith Campus Center)
- Frank Dining Hall
- Frary Dining Hall
- Haldeman Pool
- Kenyon House (mobile unit)
- Oldenborg Dining Hall
- Pendleton Pool
- Pomona College Museum of Art
- Rains Center (one stationary plus two mobile units)
- Rose Hills Theater (AED is located north of entrance)
- Seaver Science North (south entrance)
- Seaver House/Alumni Relations
- Seaver Theatre