Pomona College invites you to post your job and internship opportunities for students and alumni at The Claremont Colleges through Route 47, our web-based recruiting and career information system powered by NACElink/Symplicity. Route 47 opportunities are viewable to Pomona students as well as other Claremont Colleges students (Claremont McKenna College, Harvey Mudd College, Pitzer College, Scripps College, Claremont Graduate University, Keck Graduate Institute). There is no cost to post opportunities on Route 47.
To post your opportunity:
- Log on to Route 47 (top of page) and follow the simple steps for posting your opening.
- If you are a first-time user, click on "Register" in the login box (top of page) to get started.
Meet Our Students
Host an Information Session
One way to recruit Pomona College students is through an information session. We recommend that you host these events at specific times (12pm-1pm, 4:30pm-5:30pm or 7:00pm-8:00pm), as that is when students are most available. During an information session, you can present your organization, inform students about open positions or programs, and build relationships with students across the Claremont Colleges.
We invite you to recruit on campus at your convenience during the academic year any time between September and December or February through April. There is no cost associated with on-campus interviews. We will work with you to publicize your openings. To request on-campus interviews, please log in to Route 47.
Types of On-Campus Interviews:
- Pre-Selected Interviews: A pre-selected interview day allows you to see resumes in advance and select students you wish to interview. Selected students will sign-up for pre-determined time slots on a on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Open Schedule Interviews: An open schedule allows any interested student to sign-up for an interview on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Resume Collects: If you cannot make it out to campus, you may also electronically collect resumes. You can then set up interviews at your office with selected students.
Dining Hall Tabling
If you are new to campus or are still building your brand, we recommend having an information tables instead of an information session. These are held in our dining halls during the lunch or dinner hour and allow for the kinds of conversations you might have at a career fair. Pomona students enjoy one-on-one conversations and this gives you an opportunity to informally present information about your organization to students. Nearly 100% of Pomona students live on campus and eat in the dining halls, so organizations have found information tables to be quite effective.
Coffee Chats and Office Hours
Want to talk to with students one-on-one? You can schedule some time in a private room in the Career Development Office, or a more public place like our student union (“The Living Room”) for the opportunity to informally meet with students one-on-one. This is a great way to build your brand on our campus and learn more about our students.
Can’t come to us? We’ll come to you! We’d love to spend a half-day or day at your organization to tour your facilities, meet your representatives, and allow you to engage with our students. Email us at Career.Development@pomona.edu or call 909.621.8144 to discuss this opportunity.
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact Hannah Pickar or call 909.607.9674