The Pomona College Archives is the repository for college records that have enduring and significant historical, administrative, or informational value. The Pomona College Archives collects the following materials:
The Pomona College Archives is the repository for all non-current and official Pomona records. Among the materials considered official records are: correspondence; memoranda; manuscripts; meeting minutes; reports; grant records; annual budgets and audit reports; accreditation reports; course syllabi; records of the President and Vice Presidents; Board of Trustee records; Department Chairs and administrative departmental records; records of faculty, student, and alumni organizations; photographs, negatives, and slides; audiovisual materials; architectural drawings; artifacts; and all publications, newsletters or booklets distributed in the name of Pomona College. All records, regardless of format, created and received in the course of official College business are the property of Pomona College.
The College Archives collects materials from alumni relating to their years at the College. Please consider making donations of the following materials:
- Diaries or journals
- Films, audio and video tapes
The College Archives collects materials from faculty, such as materials regarding your teaching and research, correspondence with colleagues, and involvement in the administration and governance of the College. Please consider making donations of the following materials:
- biographical information, such as vitae, bibliographies, and newspaper clippings
- correspondence and memoranda generated in the course of conducting College business
- correspondence with colleagues, publishers, professional societies, and students
- diaries, notebooks, photographs, and memorabilia
- course materials, such as lecture notes, syllabi, and reading lists
- publications, articles, reviews, speeches, and presentations
- research materials
- department and committee records
Please contact the College Archivist for detailed guidelines regarding donating or transferring materials to the Archives.