Information for New Faculty
Welcome to Pomona!
This page is designed to help guide you through the paperwork, policies, and events you need to know about as a new faculty member. As you work through the checklist, please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you on campus!
- Sign and return your contract as soon as possible!
- Complete the Housing Request form [pdf] (optional).
- Complete the Computer Request form [pdf] .
- Complete your hiring paperwork and obtain a Pomona College ID through the Office of Human Resources. Be sure to bring two original forms of identification, a list of acceptable documents is available here [pdf] . Faculty attending the New Faculty Workshop inMay will have an opportunity to meet with an HR representative to complete the paperwork; if you do not attend the workshop you must contact HR at x18175 to schedule a meeting.)
- Notify the Dean's Office if your contact information changes.
- Contact Information Technology Services about your computing needs.
- Contact your library liaison about your library needs.
- Begin checking your Pomona e-mail.
- Complete the FERPA tutorial.
- Submit documentation for Moving Expenses Reimbursement to the Office of Human Resources.
- Talk to your department chair or department assistant to arrange for your department and building keys.
- Become familiar with the Dean of the College web site,where you will find ongoing information for all faculty.
Academic Resources for Faculty
- External Grants
- Faculty Research Travel Fund
- Travel Grants
- General Research Funds
- Hirsch Grant
- Curriculum Development Grants
- Faculty Auditing Program
- Hahn Teaching with Technology Grants
- Teaching Innovation Grants
- Wig Grants
Moving Expense Reimbursement Policy [pdf] Pomona College provides moving assistance for certain prospective members of the faculty and administration. "Moving" is defined as the transport of a new employee and her/his household and personal effects from point of origin to Claremont.