Bookmark and Share
|
  • Text +
  • Text -

The Thatcher Music Building

Thatcher Music Building from Lyon Court

Thatcher Music Building from Carolyn Lyon Garden

Thatcher Music Building Practice Room

Practice Room, Thatcher Music Building

Thatcher Music Building Lyman Hall

Lyman Hall, Thatcher Music Building

Thatcher Music Building, named in honor of Madge Rice Thatcher and Harry S. Thatcher, was dedicated in 1970. Inside Thatcher Music Building, you'll find offices and studios for the Music Department, Bryant Hall for ensemble rehearsals, the Victor Montgomery Music Library, practice rooms, and listening rooms. Ralph H. Lyman Hall, an auditorium with seating for 250, honors the memory of a professor who was chair of the Music Department and director of Pomona's Glee Clubs and choir from 1917 to 1948. The Ussachevsky Electronic Studio, created through a generous bequest from the late electronic music pioneer Vladimir Ussachevsky '35, contains state-of-the-art equipment for the production and recording of electronic music. Thatcher is also home of the College's student-run FM radio station, KSPC, which broadcasts with a power of 3,000 watts.