Pomona College Organic Farm
What is the Farm?
Calling the space The Farm (or more precisely “The Pomona Organic Farm”) is actually slightly misleading since “The Farm” encompasses two unique spaces with distinct histories. Both spaces, The Farm and The Academic Field, do share a strong commitment to promoting more sustainable food production and a greater understanding of food and agriculture. The Farm is located to on the western side of the property and focuses on smaller-scale plots, perennial tree fruit production and sustainable/land-integrated architecture. The larger Academic Field located on the eastern side of the property emphasizes larger-scale crop production. Both spaces places 100% organic agriculture methods.
The mission of The Farm is two fold:
- To provide the students, faculty, staff and community members of Claremont with a means for education exploration in the fields of Permaculture, organic farming, alternative architecture and sustainability.
- To provide a working model of an ecologically-based crop production.
The Farm is currently managed by the Environmental Analysis Program. The Farm is currently managed by Adam Long in Environmental Analysis. Contact Farm Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- by email at email@example.com
- by phone at (512) 656-7138
- at The Farm weekdays 4:00pm to dark
- in his office, Edmunds 212, by appointment only